Saturday 11 September 2010

Forbidden



Each dawn
A bouquet of your elements fills my lungs threading fantasies
For like the sun and the moon we cannot touch before witnesses
though our chemistry is live with sparks
& I can caress you with my breath
when we urge for liberty like an unborn

When time was our friend
and country roads led to the end of the world
coastlines greeted us with a smile
and tickled our faces with warm mist
The land
she gave us cushion among the trees & bed on the sand

We laughed at the wind
Lusts evaporated to sweat
Sweat dampened our bodies
like tears of freedom in the sun
We were bound by our fires
that spread through our clandestine forest
regardless of salvation, damnation
or the temperate dusk

Dusks becomes days
Days evolve into longings
Longings unfold to memories
That linger like a bulbous bead of pure love
trickled down the back of my fist
while we slip through my fingers ...but never quite seems to drop

My silent screams

fly through the emptiness to find you
They ebb
like scattered leaves that danced across the field
and settle on still city buildings that have watched us like mute cats…..

No comments:

Post a Comment