Saturday 11 September 2010

ANNA


It was the day when love reigned in the conscious of the afflicted
I wasn't thinking
My legs took my body to where my soul yearned to be

Was she in my heart ?
How could she be ?
when a heart's ventricles are only large enough to carry red and white capillaries
There's no room for consciousness

Maybe it was just a knee jerk reaction to
the touch of her
Lips a feast
of succulence I subtly bit
lingerly sucked
Those unworldly eyes
bore into the carnal root of me

Ruthless providence that I should undulate in her stardust
Goaded
Purged
I'm like a boxer with no arms

But just look at her
She is prize indeed
As rich as mythology

And it would take a fight to win her
from the guardians of her 'virtue'
the elders of her code of conduct
her brothers, her father, her friends
the town
the world

I would have to battle tooth and nail
back to the wall
balls in hand
till I were as Samson with a donkey's jaw bone
For my Delilah
Judas of love

She is my Guinevere
My Juliet
My chocolate
My comfort zone

just
beyond
reach

No comments:

Post a Comment