Saturday 11 September 2010

IFS


If I can sit here
and endeavor to connect with a metaphysical imminence
manipulate cultural philosophies
re-mobilise the motivation behind the perceived
face the face beyond the veil
and grab the dagger behind the cloak
how easy will it be for me to find a victim for my joke

IF
If we are a dance of neutrons, protons and electrons
and matter and anti-matter sleep side by side
in a bed of co-existence
harmony
bliss
synchronisation
wonder of wonders
then why do I keep getting these damned wake up calls

IF
If I don't know you
and you try to give me a superfly handshake
with a lemon twist
Please don't add the fist


IF
If I became a man at 18
Why do a crave sheltering love at 68


IF
If I said I love you
would you believe me ?
How would you process that

No comments:

Post a Comment