Saturday 11 September 2010

Waking


WAKING
As synchronised as runners before the gun
Taught and twitch less till no-body won through the covenant of night glow and sun
cracking at our shackles
ordering you rise with swiftness and join the workers

You gust over me with sparks (no unfolding strings) and your hair chimes in a wind parade ; you blur out of the room wakening the air
and totter a melody of percussion

The kettle clicks in a timeless commodore intro
in four bars a high hat snare of silverware
And that finger clicking clink clink of spoon on bowl
over the bass of your silk saxaphonic aura romancing me a lullaby of ........
sheltered domesticity
and children’s overlapping song.....,
washing machine and dark homely corners of council property in subtle melody
till......
way off key ,crashing my luxury with a packed monosyllabic
SMASH of slobbering wet lips on mine
rounding off in that bubble like pop !that signs its metamorphosis to a statement;
pre-texted and unforgiving
Let me see behind the under curtain of  light-flecked hair tickling my face in gossamer irritants like sand flies

There: your actress’s eyes search for a keyhole to my inner chambers
Seems we are bound solely by a need to be bound
Anyone can hold hands
But how much more darkness will dribble down your jowls
before your shoes squelch in the uncongealed puss of it
How can I love you when I don’t know who you are?
How can we be one when I’ve not found ‘I’ and you evade your 'self '
How can we make love when we don’t love
What makes you seriously think I could be the one

No comments:

Post a Comment