Saturday 11 September 2010

I bouncer





On your manor
i'm more man than doorman
I'm a strayed warrior in the precinct of the orphans
Keep an eye out for me even if the other's on a passing cloud
pregnant with storm
Treat me like a crooked sty off the beaten track you'll always wade through the dew to cross
Note that like a programme you just have to watch

See me like a billboard ad that makes you turn your head
because i flicker on the radar like a stretch limo to your peripheral,
making you raise your left eyebrow
Save this with catchy choruses you havent quite mastered

I'm back on shift
Centurion for tribal sludge,
placid fear in toxic grime, drawing from skills like daily blood
(deferring ugliness with centrifugal side steps;
pinpointing aliens through accumilated flashbacks)
I confiscate magnets from coliding planets and mine is to placate the energies
I absorb the length of seconds, empowering my meditation
forever bemused by the carnal theatre of men and women on booze

I'm the cat's dog in a fight's fog if you judge every satsuma by its peel
My moon made alpha silhouette steeped in urban myths of gratuitous violence
fullfilling subliminal images of villainous skirmishes
but i'm the smallest spawn of the duel at dawn
I drop anaesthetic avalanches in alkaline octaves
(they sound like rolling thunder when you're marinating in a few corrosive acids)
Because my stake is far more fundamental than a high roller's

I watch retiscence evaporate in invisible blankets then trawl the harmonies
docking them off on the pavement
to the venue of metropolis
Then I wash my hands and clock out

No comments:

Post a Comment