Wednesday 15 September 2010

WALKER

No-body knows your name because you walk in whispers
Gaze elusive as tomorrow
If I had a magic wand
I'd tag along

Whenever I see you
I notice you
Therein is your appeal

Polished:
As though you'd just been stamped on the production belt
and stepped out the factory's back door

gob smacking the night watchman
Charming the guard hounds
to a fire-place of sleep

We've loved each other
sometimes in my mind.
We've soared oceans of cluttered indifference.

I'm your dude
like comfort food
often in the wings
during interludes

Your preserving angel
Knightly I clutch my lady's favour

I carved a picture of you with my pen
describing your solitary other worldliness
from behind the outer lining

for no-body heard the music
that toured the galleries of your mind

or were they fields
where childhood swirled
to echoes of ghosted song

Does your faultless devotion shine
in a jewellery box
guarded by cuddly toys

In the quiet pale
strides you
like the grieving lion queen
eclipsing the silence ofgardens
and a gate keeper trembles

as again
you blend into horizon's vacuum
of charcoal whistles
and arrogant heavens
hell and hubris skies

as through the blue you came
If I had a magic wand
I'd tag along

No comments:

Post a Comment