Saturday 11 September 2010

You 'n Me



YOU ‘n ME
When I was with you and you were with me
I was the mountain and you were the sea
And I was the mountain under the sea
Then I became you
And you became me

When I am the writer and you are the words
you’re poetry in motion
you dance like a bird to our song that’s inside
no-one else need’ve heard
Carpe diem
emancipation, and mirth

When parasites bit you
Torment would arise
And I’d find your tears welling up in my eyes
Then I became tears
and you became eyes
and then you became tears and I became
you…

potent you
You who inspire generations and sundry
You who commanded the focus of generals
and councils with the pacific ;
at her doorstep
whose lap was a children's castle
and fortress for a lamb

I see your image in
fluorescent prisms of baby raindrops
vague but for the precious thunder of your laugh,
Your moistness in the grumbling of time-space
Rolling down my spirit

We’d met on paths of truth
where there are no crooked sties
of right or wrong
Ours was a triumph of soul
a little world that flew in the face of the big world

Now I lean on the porch outside our house of cards
at the mercy of the four winds enveloped in chance
intuiting our private breath ,
entranced
and the short perfect life of memories

No comments:

Post a Comment