Friday 10 September 2010

Downtown



DOWNTOWN

Welcome to the land of fashion

And humour and flare

And black clothes for the morning

And black clothes to mourn in

And black clothes for the evening

And black clothes to match my black clothes

With my black clothes

Because I’m professional

And I'm practical and it makes me look slim and I'm in

I'm in

I really am in


My swatch watch

Ericcson

Body shop

Hugo, Boss

Diesel

Klein

Trash covers my spine compressing, nerve pinching, sweat urging angst

that makes my pores ooze the nutrients

of my publicized pasta salad and my ritualistic tribal pizza,

nephew of master Macs


And where’s my black friend?

Shit !

I haven’t got one

I better be extra friendly,

cause this ain’t very trendy

It will be icing on cake

’n they do such cool Jamican

Bob Marley marn. Mr Lover Lover.


To be cool as James Dean

With company as testament

and throw in one or two gay friends

Nowadays its an investment.

To mix genderism

is to blenderism

My long hair illustrates

I'm in-tune with feminism

My facial hair legitimised by George Michael

(while he’s still vogue of course)

and I never liked Elton John

but everyone else does

so I'm schtum

in fact I’ve a friend ;

who has a friend;

who knows him


Everyone has to know

your shit like The Truman show

There’s cracks in the pavement where circuit cameras grow

If you’ve never been anywhere in your life,

London’s the place to go

No comments:

Post a Comment