Saturday 11 September 2010

OF TEN COMMANDMENTS


The dresser was the focus for the energy in my room
It was the gohonzon of my feng shui
Where others would stare at the carbon ray square
as my only comrade crooned
and sighed a calling
rolled in rizzla
leaning in an ash tray

"Jesus Christ"
was my third defy
and I puffed till I was so low I thought I was high
Then we cruised to the Saturday night fish-fry
We raved till morn
stank from dawn
Drank through the moon
and the Sabbath's noon

Didn't mother teach you to respect yourself
Was father
in his reverence
not a pillar of wealth
You stole from her pocket
and stumbled his name
The fourth commandment
bore the shadow of shame

And is to deprive of the glory endowed in life
not to kill ?
Beyond pursuin animal lusts of my beloveds
procuring denial
in avoidance of righteous trial
For you wanted the cake
and to eat it off my plate

Would we
if we confessed
after church
be forgiven
and blessed
Knowing that we would thirstily spill
blood of our own blood
to feel fulfilled
in spite of any gods

Oh nemisistic sibling

No comments:

Post a Comment