Thursday 16 September 2010

A Day



When at first for my sins
my day begins
I rise with my sun where life stems from
From then on I'm on the move
to survive and improve

I interconnect, supply, collect
inspire, reject
for the hive and my nest
And then for whatever I'll seek my pleasure
indulged in the vice of the cats and the mice
and bear grudges on those
who maliciously impose
in the sphere
for we are vampires who
parasite to exceed without thought to virtue

Now discipline
being culture's wife
does guide the hand that steers my life
My skin is embroiled
with the years that I've toiled
with my body and mind
and the decadent times
At night I accept that I'd loved and feared
give thanks to the spirit
my health was spared
I pray then
an unspoken prayer
Tomorrow I should take such care

No comments:

Post a Comment