Friday 6 January 2012

I'll not yield


Because you said to go back home. But I went to the colony and they called me English boy
and I went to Africa to find YOU raping and taking 
You and china and Russia and France and Portugal and the committee of grubby handed little shits
and the more you raped
the more You'd goad me to sing and dance
re-affirming the status of master and pet
Camouflaging the basis of our relationship

welI i ain't licked
and massa ain't shit
and I ain't punkin out on any fight that he picked
My back straight
intentional gait
sober as a judge
I won't be consuming your drugs
Or drink the industrial poisons that you feed us
from hidden salts and sugars to pesticides and jesus
From saying we're overwhelming you when it's you who won't leave us

and what comes around.....
Rejecting the NOI's proposal to work with the separatist
kkk who
became the NRA
before the nf became the bnp given platform by the bbc to whom we're forced to illegally forfeight V.A.T
When the economy's bad they'll lecture and we're conductors for conjecture

apartheid Supplied the subliminal
Legitimised the counter intuitive  denied inalienable dignity to all natures children
And i was generically  labelled
'black guy '

Irish were called the blacks of Europe
And the Turks were ........
And the Australian mediterraneans are black wogs and niggas
and the struck off were blacklisted cause their hearts are as black as sin
and in king james's first testament Ham's son is  cursed with black skin

You made the adjective a linguistic negative and immigrant  a pejorative
Associated it with poverty and modified reservations into ghettoes
then brow beat all of us with lies about  heathens, and cowboys and Injuns
and Columbus and achievements monarchy employed pirates ,  judaism and hybrids
And you won't tell your kids where you got that crown
yet I have to tell mine
since I won't see then dumbed down
or their brains drown in the  sycophantic drink
You forgot to cater for me to think
And when you had field hands fuck your wives and sisters and they wanted to in return make love you told them we were monsters

I never want to wear a shirt again and bear the arms of metro men
I want to see you discard high heeled shoes instead of deciding that that is what I choose
So if I ever live to see Babylon fall
I'd say I tried to never play the game at all
But slew dragons , sword alert and ever prone to go to work
because you told me I was Christian and I just asked a question but as a Trojan theologian  you wouldn't listen
because slavery funded churches and successive excess like minister braithwaite  whose legacy we'll never own but we'll bare the bloodied weight of his surname and robinson  and Jackson and jones

that branded stains on Guyana , Dominica , st kitts, Trinidad, Barbados , Antigua, st Vincent , Grenada , Guadeloupe The virgin islandsp and the only island you and your kids know

because with introduction to westernism, innocent African families were thrown into the sea as
damaged cargo  earning the murderers insurance compensation from lloyds looking after their boys

from the off you've never fought with fists
Your elders brought syringes full of  syphillis
And used cocaine , opium,  gunpowder , unrivalled deceit then propaganda in the advent of mass media

After centuries of barbarity
abolition kicked off malicious legislation
and today my melanin puts me on alien paths to lighter counterparts even if they're my best friends and all organisms reach the same end
From being watched in shops to being stopped by cops and defined by commercial pop I'm aligned with  inequality, social subjectivity, incurable police brutality and an eternal blip of  anxious creativity, snow blinded in liberalism some of you equate as novelties
And for all of that water that's under the bridge
You'll never apologise for the things that you did
and this is the best i have, to call home
where the elephant overcrowding every room  creates a pariah dome
Pitted against my own
like alley dogs over a bone
Kids wear it like trade mark cologne
but I will not yield
Cause you left us out in the field having  ripped us from the umbilical
and put mamas in the house
put the sisters in the office leaving every brother out
until the blossom of family trees is data relinquishing pride to genocide then suicide and homicide
Conducted by a catalogue of wrongs
recorded over a bedrock of  Dovercom songs
subscribed to a community of dovercom moms
and pigeonholed into dialects that are simply not on

and downtrodden dads
and pot bellies under baseball caps waiting for the blue-foot gangsters' thoroughly bred at Chepstow

you pay the rich to stay dismissed
And seduce the cognitive dissonance
of middle classes
drinking the blood of divided and conquered  masses
so we can love up our chocolate all day long and slavery to produce it in the gold coast just carries on
A neat trick used by thatcher, Romans and hitler

Until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance
every day is war
and each was born a soldier
acquiring the experience of a general as they get older

On the crest of my unyielding shield is a Sarah Bartman
Cause god wouldn't rest her soul
for 160 years
her genitals paraded in a bowl for scholarly peers
A blueprint for hip hop hoes
her legacy is 200 years old
and rising
Is it surprising that I'm
Tooled up for the uprising

My genes have survived killing fields and eugenics
This body is a temple , a target, a beacon to your kids,  a vessel, a commodity amd an emblem
cradling the spirit of an old one foot Mandingo  that wouldn't stop running when emancipation was illegal
So the lottery, super injunctions,
route of the Olympic torch , g strings and all dem tings won't bait me  when
I wanna hear how they're gonna pay back Haiti

No parle
no surrender
I'll never bow or scrape
or recognise the fabricated tales of the tape

Truth is double edged and its flight from the scabbard doesn't flinch
Some of y'all pretend you never knew

The reason I won't yield is YOU
and it's ffffffffffffffffff fucking cold out here

No comments:

Post a Comment